The Vinmar Solutions Golden Hands Performance Award honors selected individuals who have accomplished or have met certain requirements in their abilities to exercise fine motor control and possess excellent eye hand coordination.
This award also, identifies selfless individuals who have worked together to assist other participants to achieve their motor skills without seeking to put oneself in the spotlight or credit for his or her efforts.
The nominees will be selected by the Vinmar Solutions Course Director and selected TA's during the pre-dental courses. This will also include participants taking part in the courses. (The participants includes: Pre-Dental Students, Dental Assistants, Dental Technicians, Dental Hygienists and International Dentist.)
The nominees will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Have registered for the Beginners Tooth Waxing and Denture Course to qualify as a nominee.
- And have passed 2 Pre-Dental Courses and have completed the Polymer Clay Model Study Block.
- Have displayed outstanding performance in eye- hand coordination, good steady hands and stamina.
- Shown strong interpersonal skills as a people person. Interacting with other participants and had listened to instructions.
- Great communication skills with the ability to explain technical and dental terminology.
- Have displayed compassion and honesty toward his or her work projects. Also showed honesty at judging other participants work projects.
- Good problem solver in making corrections in areas needed on his or her work projects. Having the ability to be exact in his or her work and the ability to pay attention to details in his or her work assignments.
If you want to join the ranks of the best of the best, this is your opportunity to make your performance count. Remember, its putting forth the effort that count, which sharpens your fine motor skills in manual dexterity for dental school. Dental school admissions committees expect that applicants have worked hard to develop these skills prior to admission. And most important, these one-of-a-kind courses will assist you in developing an unselfish attitude in helping you to think about what is good for other people, not just about your own advantage, which is one of the qualities of leadership in the dental profession.
Will receive this award upon completing and passing the Tooth Waxing Course Part 1 or 2 and the Quadrant Denture Course Part 1 and 2, along with completing the Polymer Clay Study Block. Added to the Golden Hand Performance Award the recipient will be given a Certification of Completion from the UCLA Continuing Education Programs and a personal Letter of Recommendation from the Pre-Dental Course Director/Instructor. Vinmar Solutions, “Is putting eyes and hands to work”.
Register at UCLA School of Dentistry "Continuing Dental Education"